Welcome! On this page you will find a number of free esl worksheets with English grammar exercises which you can download to you computer and which are easily printable. They are suitable for all levels - beginner, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate and advanced. All the tests are written for esl students.
All the grammar tests on the following pages are marked and include keys with answers.
- Mixed tenses PDF Printable tests to practise different use and forms of all English tenses.
- Mixed verb forms PDF Several tests on tenses used in the passive voice, reported speech, conditional sentences and time clauses + other verb forms - modal verbs, imperatives and gerunds vs infinitives.
Present simple + Present continuous tense
- Present simple worksheets For beginners and elementary students practising do | does in questions, don't | doesn't in negative statements and also the third person singular.
- Present continuous worksheets Practise present continuous positive statements, negative statements and questions.
- Present simple vs continuous These exercises are focused on differences between the simple and continuous in positive statements, negative statements and questions.
Past simple + Past continuous tense
- Past simple worksheets For elementary and pre-intermediate students practising positive, negative and question forms.
- Past continuous worksheets Download these exercises to practise affirmative, negative and question forms.
- Past simple vs continuous Printable worksheets to compare these two verb forms.
Future simple + Future continuous tense
- Future simple worksheets Printable exercises with answers on "will" future - elementary English.
- Future continuous worksheets Affirmative, negative and question forms for pre-intermediate or intermediate students of English.
- Future simple vs continuous Learn the difference between these two forms.
Be going to + present tenses for future
- Going to worksheets Practise affirmative, negative and question forms.
- Present simple + continuous for future Used for scheduled activities and future arrangements.
- Will + going to + present continuous Compare these forms used to express future.
Present perfect simple + continuous
- Present perfect simple worksheets Practise statements, question forms and signal words.
- Present perfect continuous worksheets Exercises on positive sentences, negative sentences and questions.
- Present perfect simple vs continuous Compare the use and form of these tenses.
Past perfect simple + continuous
- Past perfect simple exercises PDF Affirmative, negative and question forms..
- Past perfect simple vs continuous Learn the difference.
You can also practise other grammatical structures in English grammar worksheets below.
- Present perfect vs past simple PDF worksheets Learn the difference between these tenses in various types of exercises.
- Future perfect pdf Practise the correct use of the simple and continuous forms (gap filling + multiple choice).
Regular and irregular verbs
- Regular + irregular verbs pdf worksheets A list of regular verbs with different spelling in the past simple, two lists of irregular verbs + printable worksheets to practise the past simple and past participle of regular and irregular verbs.
- Modal verbs pdf Can, may, must, have to - positive and negative forms (rewrite sentences + match sentences).
- Relative clauses pdf Multiple choice + gap filling worksheet to practise defining and non-defining relative clauses.
Direct and indirect object
- Direct | indirect object pdf Complete sentences with words in brackets (use prepositions if necessary) + put words in the correct order to make sentences.
- Indirect questions pdf Complete the interview + finish the indirect questions.