Free PDF exercises with answers to download.
Complete the story with the verbs in brackets:
- It ___ (be) 11 o'clock. Carol Parker ___ (arrive) at the Shaw Hotel five minutes before.
Use the clues in brackets to answer questions:
- A: Why didn't he eat anything? (because - have lunch)
- B: ___ .
Complete the text with the past simple or past perfect tense:
- When I ___ (be) 18 years old I ___ (decide) to spend some time in America. At that time I ___ (have) a penfriend in Vermont for nearly three years.
Use the underlined word in each sentence to make questions:
- A: I couldn't find my keys. I probably lost them.
- B: ___ you ever ___ your keys before that?
Find mistakes and correct them:
- She played the flute and then she had sung in the choir.
More PDF worksheets:
Past simple exercises PDF Exercises with answers to download for free.
Past perfect simple exercises PDF Exercises with answers to download for free.
Past simple exercises Complete the e-mail.
Past simple and past perfect exercises Make sentences.
Past perfect simple and continuous exercises Compare the simple and continuous forms.
PDF grammar rules:
English tenses PDF Grammar rules with examples on all English tenses.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.