PDF exercises with answers on the past perfect simple to download for free.
Affirmative - PDF:
- Join sentences with expressions in brackets.
- Example: They graduated. They got married. (as soon as) - They got married as soon as they had graduated.
- Complete sentences with verbs in brackets.
- Example: After Sam ____ the bank, he got into his car. (leave) - After Sam had left the bank, he got into his car.
Negative - PDF:
- What had Betty done before she went to bed?
- Example: (+ cook dinner) She had cooked dinner. (- go out with her friends) She hadn't gone out with her friends.
Questions - PDF:
- Respond to situations.
- Example: I didn't watch the film. - (you | see | it | before) Why? Had you seen it before?
Affirmative + negative + questions PDF:
- Mark is telling his sister about his friend's garden party.
- Complete their conversation.
Past perfect simple vs continuous exercises PDF Practise the difference.
Past perfect passive PDF Examples: It had been finished. They had been sent.
Past perfect online Learn and practise the difference between the simple and continuous.
Grammar rules in pdf PDF grammar rules on the past perfect simple and continuous with examples from everyday English.