Past perfect continuous
- PDF worksheets
- Online exercises
- Grammar rules PDF
- All PDF exercises and grammar rules from this website.
Past perfect continuous worksheets PDF
The plane landed at the airport. What had passengers been doing before it landed?
- Mr. Clark ___. (read a newspaper) - Mr. Clark had been reading a newspaper.
Respond to situations.
- Why were you so red? - Because I ___ before we met. (jog)
Complete the lines with one of the options:
- I had been using that phone for a year ___ . (when I bought it | when it stopped working)
Use words in brackets to make questions:
- How long ___ before you crashed? (you - drive)
Complete short conversations with affirmative, negative and question forms.
Practise the difference between the simple and continuous forms:
I had left before Josh came.
I had to have a break because I had been driving for three hours.
Learn passive forms:
It had been finished. They had been sent.
Online exercises with answers
Grammar rules PDF:
Past perfect simple + continuous rules PDF Grammar rules with examples.
English tenses PDF Grammar rules on all English tenses.
English grammar PDF All PDF rules on e-grammar.org.
All these exercises and grammar rules are intended for pre-intermediate - advanced students of English as a second language.