PDF exercises with answers to download for free to practise the forms and use.
- The plane landed at the airport. What had passengers been doing before it landed? Use the cues to write sentences.
- Respond to situations.
- Example: Why were you so red? - Because I had been jogging before we met.
- Complete the lines with one of the options.
- Example: I had been using that phone for a year when I bought it | when it stopped working.
- Use words in brackets to make questions.
- Complete short conversations with affirmative, negative and question forms.
Past perfect simple vs continuous exercises PDF Practise the difference.
Past perfect rules PDF Printable grammar rules with examples.
Past perfect tense online Interactive exercises with answers and online grammar rules with examples from everyday English.