Online exercises with keys:
Past perfect simple and continuous exercises Learn the difference.
PDF worksheets with answers:
Complete sentences with verbs in brackets:
- I had to have a break. I ___ so long. (drive)
- Before we parked our car we __ the ticket. (collect)
Use the words in brackets to answer questions:
- A: When did they finish the house?
- B: ___ . (after - build it for a year)
Rewrite sentences and keep the same meaning:
- After finishing his drink he got up.
- After he ___ his drink he got up.
Choose correct expressions and write answers:
(try to get Jill on the phone, go to a wrong departure lounge, forget the map)
- Why did you miss the plane?
- Because ___ .
Find mistakes and correct them:
- Before that I had never been seeing a ghost.
- ___ .
More PDF worksheets:
Past perfect simple exercises PDF Practise the simple form.
Past perfect continuous exercises PDF Learn the continuous form.
PDF grammar rules:
English tenses PDF PDF grammar rules with examples on all English tenses.