See also Online Exercises below.
PDF exercises with answers to download for free.
Complete sentences with verbs in brackets:
- I had to have a break. I ___ so long. (drive)
- Before we parked our car we __ the ticket. (collect)
Use the words in brackets to answer questions:
- A: When did they finish the house?
- B: ___ . (after - build it for a year)
Rewrite sentences and keep the same meaning:
- After finishing his drink he got up.
- After he ___ his drink he got up.
Choose correct expressions and write answers:
(try to get Jill on the phone, go to a wrong departure lounge, forget the map)
- Why did you miss the plane?
- Because ___ .
Find mistakes and correct them:
- Before that I had never been seeing a ghost.
- ___ .
More PDF worksheets:
Past perfect simple exercises PDF Practise the simple form.
Past perfect continuous exercises PDF Learn the continuous form.
Past perfect simple and continuous exercises Learn the difference between the simple and continuous.
PDF grammar rules:
English tenses PDF PDF grammar rules with examples on all English tenses.