For intermediate - advanced levels.
Learn the difference between the past perfect simple and past perfect continuous.
Past perfect simple vs past perfect continuous worksheets PDF
Free printable worksheets to download.
Complete sentences with verbs in brackets:
- I had to have a break. I ___ so long. (drive)
- Before we parked our car we __ the ticket. (collect)
Use the words in brackets to answer questions:
- A: When did they finish the house?
- B: ___ . (after - build it for a year)
Rewrite sentences and keep the same meaning:
- After finishing his drink he got up.
- After he ___ his drink he got up.
Choose correct expressions and write answers:
(try to get Jill on the phone, go to a wrong departure lounge, forget the map)
- Why did you miss the plane?
- Because ___ .
Find mistakes and correct them:
- Before that I had never been seeing a ghost.
- ___ .
More PDF worksheets:
Past perfect simple exercises PDF Practise the simple form.
Past perfect continuous exercises PDF Learn the continuous form.
PDF grammar rules:
English tenses PDF Grammar rules on all English tenses.
English grammar PDF All PDF rules on e-grammar.org.
All these exercises and grammar rules are intended for pre-intermediate - advanced students of English as a second language.