Online exercises with keys:
Active and passive voice exercises Online exercises, PDF worksheets and grammar rules.
PDF worksheets with answers:
- Before we collected our car in a car service (complete sentences):
Worn tyres ___ . (replace)
Worn tyres have been replaced.
- Rewrite sentences from the active to passive voice:
They hadn't made the meals before we arrived.
The meals ___ before we arrived.
The meals hadn't been made before we arrived.
- Use words in brackets to make sentences in the passive voice:
Before the river flooded the town ___ (the new bridge | build)
Before the river flooded the town the new bridge had been built.
- Multiple choice - choose correct forms or words in each sentence:
Paul cried. He had been hit | had hit by his friend. ___
- Make questions in the passive:
Why did you come to Marion's party? ___ you been ___? (invite)
Had you been invited?
How long ___ before the scientists found it? (the body - freeze)
How long had the body been frozen before the scientists found it?
More PDF worksheets:
English grammar PDF grammar rules with examples from everyday English.
Mixed tenses passive exercises PDF Compare passive forms of different tenses.
Past perfect exercises PDF Exercises on the past perfect tense.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.