See also Online Exercises below.
PDF exercises with answer keys:
- Read questions and complete answers:
Were you hungry? - Yes, I ___ a little bit hungry.
- Complete a dialogue:
A: When ___ you 18 years old?
B: I ___18 years old in 2016.
- Make past simple questions:
you | clean | room | the
Did you clean the room?
- Choose correct questions:
□ Did your students their homework?
□ Did your students do their homework?
Yes, they did. They always do.
- Correct wrong information in a knowledge quiz:
Columbus discovered America in 1592.
Columbus didn't discover America in 1592.
He landed on an island in the Caribbean in 1492.
- Complete a story with verbs in brackets:
I ___ (not have) a good day yesterday. I ___ (cannot) stay in bedlate, because...
- Complete an email:
How are you doing? I feel miserable. Yesterday I ___ (do) my homework, ___ (tidy) my bedroom and...
- PDF exercises to practice passive forms of the past simple.
Past simple + Past continuous PDF Five PDF exercises to practise the difference.
- Choose the correct tense.
- Find mistakes and correct them.
- Make questions.
- Make negative sentences.
- Complete a crime story - a revision test with three parts (statements, negative and question forms).
Past simple + Past continuous online exercises with answers and grammar rules.
PDF grammar rules:
English tenses PDF Grammar rules with examples on all English tenses.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.