Past simple tense
- PDF worksheets
- Online exercises
- Grammar rules PDF
English grammar books PDF
PDF book 1: English grammar exercises PDF
PDF book 2: English grammar rules PDF
Past simple PDF exercises
- Complete an email.
How are you doing? Yesterday I ___ (do) my homework, ___ (tidy) my bedroom and ___ (decide) to go out.
- Choose correct verbs to complete sentences.
cast, catch, cost, cut
The goalkeeper ___ the ball.
Our holiday in the Caribbean ___ a fortune.
- Complete sentences.
A: ___ I often ill when I was a child?
B: Not really. You ___ healthier than your brother.
- Complete a dialogue.
Samuel, I hear you ___ eighteen years old last week.
Yes, I ___ . I had a big birthday party.
- Make past simple questions.
(Bill | arrive | on time)
Did Bill arrive on time?
- Choose correct questions.
□ Did your students their homework?
□ Did your students do their homework?
- Correct wrong information in a knowledge quiz.
The Beatles were formed in London in 1960.
The Beatles ___ (not be) formed in London. They ___ (start) to play together in Liverpool in 1960.
- Complete sentences with words in brackets.
I ___ (not have) a good day yesterday. I ___ (cannot) stay in bed late, because it was Monday and I had to go to school again.
Online exercises with answers:
- Three online exercises on regular and irregular verbs, negative forms and questions.
Grammar rules PDF: