PDF exercises with answers on the past continuous tense (elementary and pre-intermediate).
- Look at Jane's diary. What was she doing at these times?
- The Thompson family. What were doing at 7 o'clock?
- Julie saw Tim and Matt at the swimming pool. Complete Sue's questions to ask about them.
- Make questions to ask what Simon and his girlfriend were doing at a restaurant.
- Complete short dialogues.
- Make negative statements and questions with words in brackets.
Exercise 7 - 11: Past simple + past continuous exercises PDF
- Practise the difference between these two forms.
Past simple + continuous online Exercises and grammar rules.
Past simple PDF Exercises with answers to download for free.
PDF grammar rules Grammar rules with examples on all English tenses.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.