Past continuous tense
- PDF worksheets
- Online exercises
- Grammar rules PDF
- All PDF exercises and grammar rules from this website.
Past continuous worksheets PDF
Compare: Past simple vs. past continuous
PDF exercises with answers:
- Look at Jane's diary. What was she doing at these times?
- The Thompson family. What were they doing at 7 o'clock?
- Julie saw Tim and Matt at the swimming pool. Complete Sue's questions.
- Make questions. What were Simon and his girlfriend doing at a restaurant?
- Complete short dialogues with negative forms.
- Make negative sentences and questions.
Online exercises with answers
Past continuous exercise 1 Use the verbs in brackets to complete sentences.
Past continuous exercise 2 What was Jane doing at these times?
Past continuous exercise 3 Complete the dialogue 'Romance at the Swimming Pool'.
Past continuous Exercise 4 Make positive and negative questions.
Past continuous Exercise 5 Practise negative forms.
Past simple and continuous PDF rules Grammar rules with examples.
English grammar PDF All PDF grammar rules on this website.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.