For intermediate - advanced levels.
Learn the difference between the future perfect simple and future perfect continuous.
PDF worksheets with answers:
Use verbs in brackets to complete sentences:
- By the time we reach the coast, the storm ___ . (end)
Rewrite sentences and keep the same meaning:
- The meal will be ready sooner than at 6 o'clock. (finish)
I ___ the meal by 6 o'clock.
Correct mistakes in statements and questions:
- In two years' time we will have reconstruct our house.
In two years' time we ___ our house.
Will have your father returned by Sunday?
___ by Sunday?
Positive and negative forms. What will Marion have done by the time she gets married?
- (prepare the wedding reception)
She ___ .
(not buy wedding rings)
She ___ .
Make questions to complete short dialogues. Use the verbs from the list:
- (start, reach, cover, read, clean, turn, do, change, update)
What time ___ you ___ the windows?
By 5 o'clock, I hope.
When ___ Samantha ___ the book?
She'll give it back to you in two weeks' time.
Future perfect simple and continuous exercises PDF Practise differences between these two forms.
English tenses PDF Printable grammar rules with examples from everyday English.
All these materials are intended for intermediate - advanced students of English as a foreign language.