PDF exercises for intermediate and advanced students of English to download for free.
Changes of tenses:
- Complete sentences: "It is too late." - I said ___.
- Choose correct answers: "Sam may contact you." - He said Sam ___. (may contact me, might contact me)
- Change the reported speech into the direct speech: She said she lived in York. - "___ in York," she said.
Changes of tenses + place + time etc.:
- Choose correct answers. On Monday: "We will set off tomorrow." - A week later: They said they would set off ___. (tomorrow, the next day)
- Correct mistakes in the reported speech: "I will leave tomorrow," she said yesterday. - Yesterday she said she would leave tomorrow.
- Change the reported speech into the direct speech: Tim said he had worked with them the previous month. - "___," said Tim.
Grammar rules PDF Printable grammar rules with examples from everyday English.
Reported questions + commands PDF Exercises to practise questions, commands and requests in the reported speech.
Mixed test on reported speech Changes of tenses, place and time + reported questions and commands.
Reported speech online Interactive exercises and online grammar rules with examples.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.