For beginners, elementary and pre - intermediate levels.
Imperative sentences exercises Online exercises, PDF worksheets and grammar rules.
PDF worksheets with answers:
The second person imperative - positive and negative (Take it. Don't cry.)
- Use positive or negative commands to rewrite sentences.
- Example: You mustn't cry. - Don't cry.
- Use words in the correct order to make imperative sentences.
- Example: again | it | say - Say it again.
- Choose words to complete positive or negative commands.
- Example: (help, don't turn, play...) - ___ on the radio now.
- Use positive or negative imperatives to complete short dialogues.
- Example: Where shall we meet? - W___ for me outside the hotel.
- A PDF test on the first, second and third person imperative and on the emphatic imperative.
First and third person imperative exercises PDF Let's do it. Let me see. Let him go.
English grammar PDF grammar rules with examples from everyday English.
All these materials are written for students and teachers of English as a foreign language.