- PDF worksheets
- Online exercises
- Grammar rules
Compound nouns exercises
English grammar books PDF
PDF book 1: English grammar exercises PDF
PDF book 2: English grammar rules PDF
PDF worksheets with answers:
Exercises to download for free.
- Match words from column 1 with words in column 2.
- Read definitions and make compound nouns.
a human figure created with snow:
s _ _ _ m _ _ - snowman
- Complete sentences with words in brackets.
A ___ is someone who finished second in a competition. (runner)
- Choose correct options. Open, closed or hyphenated compound nouns?
We are sorry, this ___ is currently under construction. (website, web-site)
Online exercises with answers:
- Exercise 1. Complete sentences with the words from the list to make open compound nouns.
- Exercise 2. Write closed compound nouns (one word) to match their definitions.
- Exercise 3. Complete definitions with hyphenated compound nouns. Use the words in brackets.
- Exercise 4. Choose correct options to complete sentences.
More recommended activities:
Open compound nouns exercise 1 Match words (click and drag).
Open compound nouns exercise 2 Make compound nouns and use them in sentences.
Closed compound nouns exercise Match a word from column A with a word from column B.
Hyphenated compound nouns exercise Make hyphenated compound nouns with words in brackets
Plurals of compound nouns exercise 1 Copmplete sentences in a multiple choice test.
Plurals of compound nouns exercise 2 Choose correct plural forms in a multiple choice quiz.
Possessive forms of compound nouns Choose correct answers to complete sentences.
Mixed compound nouns exercise 1 One word or two words? Fill gaps with correct options.
Mixed compound nouns exercise 2 A multiple choicve quiz.
Mixed compound nouns exercise 3 Find different types of compound nouns. (A quiz measuring your time.)
Grammar rules with examples:
- A quick review of English compound nouns.
- Lists of all types of compound nouns.
English nouns Countable and uncountable nouns, singular and plural nouns, group nouns, compound nouns and proper nouns.
- All PDF exercises and grammar rules from this website.