For elementary - intermediate levels.
Active and passive voice exercises Online exercises, PDF worksheets and grammar rules.
PDF worksheets with answers:
- Complete sentences with the verbs in brackets:
Look at that! A new supermarket ___ in this street. (build)
Look at that! A new supermarket is being built in this street.
- Rewrite sentences from the active to passive voice:
They aren't feeding the lions at the moment.
The ___ at the moment.
The lions aren't being fed at the moment.
- Use words in the correct order to make sentences in the passive voice:
make | at the moment | your coffee
Your coffee is being made at the moment.
- Multiple choice - choose correct forms or words in each sentence:
Sad stories are being published | is being published nowadays. ___
- Make questions to complete short dialogues:
A: The entrance hall at the railway station is closed.
B: Why? ___? (it - reconstruct) - Why? Is it being reconstructed?
More PDF worksheets:
English grammar PDF grammar rules with examples from everyday English.
Present simple passive exercises PDF Exercises with answers to download for free.
Mixed tenses passive exercises PDF Compare passive forms of different tenses.
Present continuous exercises PDF Exercises on the present continuous tense.
All these worksheets are suitable for students of English as a foreign language.