Present continuous passive
- PDF worksheets
- Online exercises
- Grammar rules PDF
English grammar books PDF
PDF book 1: English grammar exercises PDF
PDF book 2: English grammar rules PDF
Present continuous passive exercises + PDF worksheets
PDF exercises to download for free:
- Complete sentences with the verbs in brackets:
Look at that! A new supermarket ___ in this street. (build)
Look at that! A new supermarket is being built in this street.
- Rewrite sentences from the active to passive voice:
They aren't feeding the lions at the moment.
The lions aren't being fed at the moment.
- Use words in the correct order to make sentences in the passive voice:
make | at the moment | your coffee
Your coffee is being made at the moment.
- Multiple choice - choose correct forms or words in each sentence:
Sad stories are being published | is being published nowadays.
- Make questions to complete short dialogues:
A: The entrance hall at the railway station is closed.
B: Why? Is it being reconstructed?
Online exercises with answers:
- Use the verbs in brackets to complete sentences.
- Rewrite sentences from the active to passive voice.
- Choose the correct answers in the multiple choice test.
- Make questions in short dialogues.
Passive voice - online exercises Passive forms of all tenses.
Passive voice - PDF exercises Free PDF worksheets on all passive forms.
Grammar rules PDF:
Passive voice rules PDF Grammar rules with examples to download for free.
English grammar PDF All PDF rules on e-grammar.org.
Present continuous - passive voice
The present continuous passive is made with the present simple form of the verb to be (am, are, is) + being + the past participle of a verb (washed, cooked / seen, taken).
I am being interviewed just now.
Two problem-solving meetings are being held at the moment.
Your car is being serviced at the back of the garage.
We make questions in the present continuous passive by changing the word order of a statement.
Are you being interviewed just now?
Excuse me, where are the meetings being held?
Is my car being serviced at the back of the garage?
The negative forms are made by adding 'not' after the verb to be.
I am not being interviewed just now.
The problem-solving meetings are not being held today.
Your car is not being serviced at the back of the garage.
- All PDF exercises and grammar rules from this website.