Singular - plural exercises
English grammar guide (all about English grammar on this website)
Singular and plural nouns (grammar rules with examples)
English nouns (more about English nouns)
- Exercise 1. Make singular nouns plural.
- Exercise 2. Complete sentences with plural nouns.
- Exercise 3. Rewrite sentences. Use singular forms.
- Some nouns are only singular, others are only plural. Choose correct options and complete sentences.
- Some nouns have a different meaning in singular and plural. Complete sentences with correct words.
Online exercises with answers:
Practise singular and plural nouns in different types of exercises for elementary - intermediate learners of English.
Singular vs. plural nouns
- Complete the crosswords with plural forms of singular nouns.
- Complete sentences with singular or plural forms of nouns.
- Two exercises to practise plural forms of nouns:
Exercise 1. Choose the correct forms.
Exercise 2. Fill the gaps with correct forms.
- Complete sentences with irregular plural forms of singular nouns (tomato, city, loaf, foot...).
- Practise irregular plural forms with flashcards.
Subject - verb agreement
- Do we use singular or plural verb forms with some specific nouns (police, maths, cattle...)? Choose correct answers.
- Complete sentences with verbs in brackets. Don't forget that the verb must agree with the singular and plural form of the subject.
- Five different types of short exercises practising the singular and plural forms. Suitable for young learners.