- Exercises with answers
- PDF worksheets with keys
- Grammar rules with examples
- PDF books
PDF book 1: English tenses exercises
PDF book 2: English grammar exercises
PDF book 3: English grammar rules
Read more about English grammar books PDF on e-grammar.org.
Present tenses worksheets PDF
Present simple vs continuous exercises with answers for beginners and elementary levels.
- Choose the correct tense.
I ___ a letter now. (write, am writing. am writting)
The bus sometimes ___ in the morning. (is arriving, arrive, arrives)
- Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets.
We ___ at a hotel this week. (stay)
I ___ to bed early on Sundays. (go)
- Put words in the correct order and use correct forms.
(live/here/I) - I live here.
(make/a phone call/Peter/now) - Peter is making a phone call now.
- Read answers and complete questions.
What time ___ every day?
I start work at 7 every day.
What ___ at the moment?
Well, I am not doing anything at the moment.
- Put words in the correct order to make questions.
(where/work/you) - Where do you work?
(Simon/why/now/cry) - Why is Simon crying now?
- Make negative sentences.
Susan looks very good. - Susan doesn't look very good.
Why are you listening to us? - Why aren't you listening to us?
- Read questions and make negative answers.
Do you work at night? - I don't work at night.
Are your parents still sleeping? - They aren't sleeping anymore.
- Choose the correct form - positive, negative and questions.
Oh, no! Look! What is he doing?
Oh, no! Look! What does he do?
Present simple tense Online + PDF exercises.
Present continuous tense Online + PDF exercises.
Present simple vs present continuous tense Online exercises + grammar rules.
English tenses PDF rules The use and forms of all English tenses.